Mean Mozzarella Bowl
I don’t use specific amounts of each ingredient. Eyeball it for however many you’re serving. Make enough for leftovers and thank yourself later.
• Any combination of seasonal, grill-friendly veggies. This bowl uses zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, a variety of bell peppers, and broccolini.
• Balsamic vinegar- enough to give all the veggies a good bath
• Good quality Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – better have a full bottle.
• Sea Salt
• Black Pepper
• Cooked quinoa- tip: cook it in vegetable stock to an add extra kick (make enough to fill about half of your bowl).
• Fresh basil
• A sweet, white vinegar dressing- shout out to Amphora’s Sicilian Balsamic for this particular recipe.
• Fresh lemons- 1 or 2
• Ciliegine- also known by Americans as those bite-sized fresh mozzarella balls packed in water.
• An avocado or 2- cut into visually appealing slices or cubes
• *BONUS: if you can get your hands on some truffle oil, get it ready.
1. Prep your veggies. Cut your veggies into roughly 1/4-inch thick slices. Place them in a large ziploc bag and DRENCH them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. They should be bathing. Cover the bag and let marinade for at least 15 minutes. While your medley marinates, bring the grill up to temperature. 400 degrees works great to tenderize your veggies while locking in the flavors of the marinade. Grill until they have grill marks on each side, then let cool.
Note: Green Mountain Grill’s teflon-coated cooking mats will make this easier on you, don’t hesitate to purchase a pack.
2. Prep your quinoa. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and toss with your sweet, white vinegar dressing and the juice of your lemons. Finely chop your basil, add to quinoa, and toss.
3. Break out the balls! Drain them from their package. That’s about it for this step.
4. Arrange your bowl. Fill your bowl, from left to right, with quinoa, ciliegine, and grilled veggies. Drizzle a tiny bit of truffle oil and dark balsamic over ciligiene (for this recipe I happened to already have truffle-flavored balsamic, which works twice as well). Garnish with avocado slices, and any basil you have left.
Free BBQ tomorrow August 18th! Come on out and sample some Viper Pork Tenderloin fresh off the grill.
See our outdoor kitchen, learn how to use a Primo XL400 and let us answer any of your questions!
The Building Blocks for Luxury Outdoor Spaces®
Eldorado Outdoor products quickly assemble into a virtually limitless combination of configurations. Each piece is made of glass-fiber reinforced concrete (GFRC) which can be installed on any solid flooring surface without concrete footings or rebar. Eliminated is construction waste and additional time associated with traditional masonry block installations. Eldorado Outdoor products can be assembled in just hours; even cut-outs for custom features such as barbecues, sinks, drawers and burners can be done on-site.
STRAIGHT (LINEAR) CABINETS
BAR-HEIGHT Cabinet with 10″ Cantilever Backside
Cabinet with 10″ Cantilever Backside
90° CORNER CABINETS
BAR-HEIGHT 90° Corner Cabinet with 10″ Cantilever on Two Sides
90° Corner Cabinet with 10″ Cantilever on Two Sides
90° Corner Cabinets
Appliance Bracket Set
Straight Raised Backsplash
Cabinet End Cap
WALLS & COLUMNS
Column with End Cap
Straight Seating Wall
Curved Seating Wall
Primo Smoked Ribs
Sometimes simple is the best way to go. For smoking spare ribs on a Primo, this is as simple as it gets. Salt. Pepper. Smoke.
Buy or trim spare ribs St. Louis style. Remove membrane from back of ribs. Rub liberally (1/4 cup per rack) with mixture of kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Prepare your Primo for smoking.
Target a smoking temp of 235 to 250. For these we used Texas Post Oak Chunks from Fruit-a-Wood.
Use the Flame Boss controller if you want to put your Primo on cruise control (or need to step away)
Smoke for 3 hours or so until the internal temp hits 170-175. A Thermapen is the perfect tool here.
Wrap ribs in foil and let them go for another hour or so until the internal temp is around 195. You could choose to add bbq sauce, honey, butter, apple juice etc but we kept it simple and didn’t add a thing. When you unwrap them you will have a nice puddle of rendered fat you can glaze the ribs with if you choose.
Let the ribs rest for 20 to 30 minutes in the foil. You could choose to wrap them in a towel and stick them in a warm cooler. They will stay hot for hours.
Just the salt, pepper, and smoke form a beautiful bark. We glazed the rendered fat from the foil pouch on top.
Not a bad bite here
When your planning your outdoor living space be prepared for the environment. On the Gulf Coast we get really hot and really rainy during July, August, September and even October. If you plan to build a great space you have to have a roof. It will give you shade from the sun and protection from our daily afternoon thunderstorms. It will also provide a support for fans, lighting, televisions, and speakers that you will want later if not during your initial construction.
Pergolas here in the south are not recommended by Street’s in any of our designs.
With this Blaze Griddle you can cook almost anything.
Blaze 30-Inch Built-in Gas Griddle LTE
• Stainless steel U-shaped burners provide exceptionally even heat across the griddle surface
• 18,000 BTUs of cooking power per burner, for a total of 36000 BTUs
• Reliable flame thrower ignition makes lighting the griddle simple
• Full width grease trough directs grease down into the drip tray for easy cleanup
• Heavy-duty 304 stainless steel construction for durability and longevity
• Stainless steel lid protects the griddle when not in use
• Illuminated control knobs for evening gatherings creates a sophisticated appearance
• Blaze Grills offers an impressive Lifetime Warranty
If you wanted to use a rotisserie with this grill. Where would you plug it in? You should put at least two plugs along your bar for future use. Blender for daiquiri’s, a coffee pot or even a fry daddy for some French fries.
With the largest selection of Fountain’s on the Gulf Coast Street’s is a great place to shop.