Coastal Life Of The Atlantic & Gulf Coasts
Beaches are the borders between two vastly different ecosystems. As such, they are teeming with a variety of fascinating life. Whether you’re a tourist on vacation or a local resident on a day trip, keep this tabbed booklet close at hand. It features nearly 80 of the most common and important animals and plants to know―from birds and fish to crabs, sea turtles, and more! Plus, the quick guide includes other beachcombing finds―like sea shells and seaglass―as well as an introduction to different kinds of sand.
The handy booklet is applicable to the coastlines of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. It is organized by group for quick and easy identification, and it offers the at-a-glance information that you want to know. The pocket-sized format is much easier to use than laminated foldouts, and the tear-resistant pages help to make the book durable in the field. As an added bonus, the guide includes tips and suggestions for helping coastal life to thrive in this essential habitat.
- Pocket-sized format―easier than laminated foldouts
- Professional photos of each species
- Entries organized by group to ensure that you quickly find what you’re looking for
- Easy-to-use information for even casual observers
- Tips for helping coastal life in their beach environments